MS. VIJAYA V. AMBRE
Born on 10th April, 1968 in Panaji. She passed B.S.C. (Hons) from Dempe College, Miramar, Panaji in First Class in April, 1989. She passed LLB from Salgaonkar College of Law, Panaji, in 1992. She joined Bar in the year 1992 and practiced on Civil and Criminal side till July, 1996. She joined as APP at Bicholim Court since July 1996. On 17.12.1997 she was appointed as Civil Judge, Junior Division & Judicial Magistrate First Class and posted at Margao and thereafter at Quepem, Sanquem as incharge of CJJD. On 22nd March, 2004 she was promoted as Civil Judge Senior Division & Judicial Magistrate First Class and posted at Mapusa. Thereafter transferred to Vasco and Mapusa.
Presently posted as District Judge-2 and Additional Sessions Judge,
Panaji, holding sittings at Ponda-Goa.
1. Training at JOTI Nagpur from 2nd June, 02 to 9th August, 2002.
2. Refresher Course on “Family Courts and Matrimonial litigation with reference to the gender justice dimension at National Judicial Academy Bhopal from 27th August 04 to 31st August, 2004.
3. Seminar on Crime investigation modern techniques organised by Goa State Legal Services Authority from 9th October 2004 to 10th October, 2004.
4. ICT Training from the Judicial Officers at Vasco.
5. Training on Arbitration , Negotiation & Mediation at Goa